This post about why I go to New York Fashion Week contains affiliate links.
As I type, I’m in the middle of my third New York Fashion Week. I have learned so much in my three seasons and always have the best experience. I know a lot of bloggers don’t feel the need to go to New York Fashion Week and prefer going when it’s quieter. While I’m all for coming to New York when it’s a little less busy, I also have reasons why I go to New York Fashion Week.
I’m sharing all of my reasons with you in this post!
Why I go to New York Fashion Week
- The Runway Shows – I’m not a big enough blogger to get into the high-end shows, but I do get invited to some pretty cool smaller designers. There’s something about sitting in a crowd and watching a collection get unveiled. The energy is so electric and exciting and it’s always fun people watching and seeing who is in the front row!
- The Street Style – I get so inspired seeing all of the fashion and street style at Fashion Week. I get ideas of how to wear pieces I already own and get a sense of what some of the seasons hottest styles will be. This fashion week I noticed a lot of oversized blazers and shirt dresses, exaggerated sleeves and cowboy boots!
- Brand Meetings – Sure, you can get better face to face time when it’s not fashion week, but it’s exciting seeing new collections and getting facetime with some of my favorite brands. They also usually have some fun activations when you visit showrooms!
- Creating Content – In New York, I can wear pieces that I don’t normally wear in Nashville. I meet with a photographer and stock up on great content. I shoot anywhere from 5-10 looks when I’m in NYC!
- Cool Events – This season I went to events with Vogue, WWD, Shopbop, etc. They have really cool set-ups, guests, food, photo booths, you name it! It’s also a great time to see bloggers you love and follow or blogger friends you don’t normally get to see.
(Photos by Jessica Shepphard)
Have you ever been to New York Fashion Week? What’s your favorite thing about going? Share with me in a comment below!