My post about what to include in a quarantine essentials package for a friend contains affiliate links.
These are strange times that we’re living in, that’s for sure. My husband and I have been isolating/social distancing with our pups for almost two weeks. We’re going to be here for a while and are making the most of it! The one thing I miss the most is seeing friends. Not being able to hug them, have a drink after a rough day or catch up over coffee is hard, but Netflix Party Dates, FaceTime Happy Hour’s and Instagram Live Workouts have helped! It can still feel a little lonely at times.
One thing I’ve also found that’s fun is sending a friend a quarantine essentials package. It’s so fun receiving mail, but it’s also fun handpicking out items for friends to enjoy in this lonely period. If you have a friend having a hard time and want to send them some goodies, here are a few ideas:
What to Include in a Quarantine Essentials Package for a Friend
- Puzzle – A lof of things on this list involves putting electronics away. There’s nothing better than a glass of wine and working on a puzzle. It’s a great thing to take your mind off what’s going on and put your mind on the task.
- Coloring Book – Go back to your childhood days and get out your crayons and color! It’s a rather mindless activity that can help with stress, anxiety, and depression. Coloring puts you in a better mood!
- Drinking Game – If you’re quarantined with someone, play a fun drinking game! Even if you don’t like alcohol, you can play with water, juice or your favorite soda. It’s just good, clean fun!
- Board Game – Time for a game night! Get competitive with your quarantine partner and battle it out over games like Sorry, Scrabble, Ticket to Ride or Monopoly.
- Sweat Pants – Let’s be real, we’re all living in our sweats right now. I go from my PJ’s to sweats, to PJ’s again. It’s always fun getting new sweats so it’s nice to include those in the package!
- Favorite Candy – Include fun snacks and treats in your package. Put in candy, chips, nuts, dried fruit, anything to make your BFF feel special and excited opening a box of her favorite things!
- Flowers – If you don’t want to send a box of things, you can always send flowers. Flowers can lift the mood and add some much-needed color to your space when you’re in isolation.