This post contains affiliate links.
In the south, it’s custom to put your white clothing items away after Labor Day. As a girl who lives in items like this, this used to devastate me! I would sadly put all my summer whites in the back of my closet and eagerly await Memorial Day so I could pull them back out.
But today, with it being Labor Day, I was putting some of my white clothing in the back of my closet when I was thinking about how cute my white jeans would look with a sweater I just bought. I realized then and there that these clothes could easily transition from season to season! Today I’m going to be showing you how to wear this color all year long with a few tips and tricks!
5 TIPS TO WEAR WHITE CLOTHING ALL YEAR LONG
1. White can be so fresh and unexpected in the fall. But as we all know there are different shades of white. I think stark winter whites are my shade and think accessories make the whites go from season to season. Rose gold has a more summertime vibe, gold for fall, and silver for winter. A simple accessory switch can transition your white outfit.
2. Another way to make your whites transition is layers, layers, layers. Add jackets, sweaters, cardigans, hats, scarves, and other layering pieces. I also like to make sure I add at least one patterned piece. Leopard and white is a beautiful, chic combo!
3. Stick with clean and classic silhouettes. Some styles scream summer and are too seasonal to transition. You can also try some heavier fabrics in white like wool, tweed, cashmere, and leather.
4. While it’s tempting, don’t wear white on the top and bottom. This combo screams ‘summer’ and won’t be quite as chic in the dead of winter.
5. Keep your white clothes clean. You may think it’s tricky and a hassle, but I bleach my whites to keep them prim and pristine. My trick is Clorox Bleach!
Now I know what you’re thinking. Bleach is a messy six-letter word. But honestly, it’s the best thing to use to keep your clothes whiter longer and it’s way easier to use than you think. When I first started bleaching my whites, I read this super helpful post on Clorox.com, and it gave great tips on how to use bleach. I learned that you can wash dark clothes after using bleach on whites in a previous load without additional steps!
HOW DO YOU WEAR YOUR FAVORITE WHITE CLOTHING YEAR-ROUND? SHARE WITH ME IN A COMMENT BELOW!