Thank you Tillamook for sponsoring this post. Visit your local Publix to purchase everything you need to create the perfect summer party featuring Tillamook ice cream.
You may not know this, but my home city of Nashville can be brutal in the summer. As soon as late May hits, it’s like Mother Nature keeps turning up the thermostat to see how much more we can take! It’s only mid-June and it feels like this summer heat is going to last an eternity.
So in the spirit of summer and staying cool, I’m sharing a few ways to beat the heat in today’s post!
Ways to Beat the Heat
- Hit the Water– Nashville has a few water parks that are great if you have kids and need a day to cool off. We also have a few lakes you can jet ski or rent a boat on. If worse comes to worst, visit your friend’s apartment pool or a pool at the gym.
- Evaluate Your Outfit– I’m going to go ahead and tell you jeans and cut-offs are awful this time of year. If I put on shorts, they come off an hour later. I live in flowy dresses. They breathe better! Also, stay away from dark colors. If black is one of your go-to colors, save it for the night time!
- Avoid the Heat of the Day– It’s hottest between 12 p.m and 3 p.m. During those hours, stay inside and stay cool! You can head out again once the temps start going down.
- Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate– Trade the sugary sodas, teas, or alcohol drinks for some classic H20. I was talking to people a recent festival and telling them that if they were going to make it all day outside, they had to drink water until the evening. Sugary drinks and alcohol will dehydrate you faster and make you feel queasy!
- Take an Ice Cream Break– I scream, you scream, we all scream for ICE CREAM! My go-to brand is Tillamook and can be found in the ice cream aisle at your local Publix.
I’m a classic vanilla girl, and the Tillamook Old-Fashioned Vanilla is the bee’s knees and bomb dot com. It’s great by itself or in a waffle cup with chocolate syrup. I usually don’t try other flavors very often, but when I was at Publix doing my weekly shopping, I saw the Tillamook Mudslide and had to give it a try. It’s my husband’s new favorite and to be honest, it’s hot on the heels of the Old-Fashioned Vanilla! The Mudslide is smooth chocolate ice cream with rich fudge and chocolate chips. In the photos, I ended up getting a scoop of both because I couldn’t pick!
Tillamook makes ice cream with the highest quality ingredients, which means the milk comes from cows not treated with artificial growth hormones, extra cream for rich, smooth creaminess and no high fructose corn syrup. Once you start eating this ice cream, it’s hard not to eat the whole thing!