This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older. #BlackBoxWines #CollectiveBias
Can anyone else believe that it’s almost mid-August? With this time of year comes back to school, falling leaves and football season. Any football fans here?
My friends and I do tailgating a little differently. As in, we go to someone’s house and have brunch. There’s no beer, hot wings, and hot dogs, but there is wine, quiche, and other brunch foods. We call it homegating!
If you’re anything like me, and this is your kind of tailgating, I have a recipe that you’re going to LOVE; a triple berry french toast casserole! Check out the recipe and instructions below.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 1 16 oz loaf French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- ¾ tsp ground cinnamon
- 5 cups frozen berries (raspberry, blackberry, blueberry blend)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place bread cubes in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, combine eggs, milk, vanilla extract, 1 tablespoon of sugar, and cinnamon and whisk together until blended.
- Pour egg mixture over the top of the bread cubes, stirring to coat. Let sit for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a medium bowl, combine frozen berries, ½ cup of sugar, cinnamon, and cornstarch. Stir to combine.
- Pour berries into the prepared baking dish.
- Spoon bread over the top.
- Sprinkle the top with 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until bubbling and golden brown.
- Top with fresh berries, whipped cream, or maple syrup if desired.
This recipe is so low-maintenance and easy to make. The best part is it pairs perfectly with a glass of Black Box Rosé. In 2003, Black Box Wines redefined the wine category by becoming the first US vintner to offer Premium, appellation-specific, vintage-dated wines in a box.
Black Box has over 50 Gold Medals for its quality, it’s available for 40% less than comparable bottled wines, and it stays fresh for up to 6 weeks. That makes it a smart choice for every season. So you can enjoy a glass of wine at any time without committing to an entire bottle. Black Box Wines are crafted to be food-friendly and fruit-forward. Perfect for this fruity french toast!
Black Box Wines is the only wine brand to offer a loyalty program to their loyal fans. Launched in 2017, Black Box Rewards enables members to earn points redeemable for exclusive rewards by performing simple activities such as following them on social media or buying and enjoying their wines. Receive 500 bonus points just for joining today!