This time of year when it’s finally getting colder and feeling like fall, I want to go do all the fall activities. Just because you’re not a kid or you don’t have kids doesn’t mean you can’t have some fall fun! Today I’m sharing a few of my top fall activities for adults in Nashville. See if your favorite made the list!
Top Fall Activities for Adults in Nashville
- Cheekwood – These local botanical gardens have beautiful grounds and in the fall they add pumpkin houses! I love going on a weekday and walking around with a cup of coffee in hand. You can visit the pumpkin house and patch from now until October 27.
- Boo at the Zoo – The Nashville Zoo has adjusted its annual Boo at the Zoo event, providing socially distanced layouts for its Haymaze, the Monster Mash dance area, Pumpkin Town photo ops, and trick or treating stations. You can Boo at the Zoo from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. October 15-18, 20-25, and 27-30. Tickets are $14 for zoo members and $16 for non-members.
- Haunted House – Nothing says fall and Halloween like a haunted house! Some local favorites; Devil’s Dungeon, Haunted Hell, and Slaughterhouse.
- Apple picking – Find a local farm and enjoy apple picking, apple cider, and much more! I go to Breeden’s in Mt. Juliet and love their apple cider and other fall goods. I’m a sucker for anything apple-flavored!
- Halloween Dash – Head out on the trail of your choosing or walk around the neighborhood (but social distance of course) between October 22 and 25 for Nashville’s Halloween Dash. With options to run or walk a 5K, 10K, half marathon, or kids’ fun run, all the proceeds from the event support Children Emergency Care Alliance’s mission to improve pediatric emergency care in Tennessee. Registration starts at $25. Sign up here.
- Taste of West Nashville – Love events on my side of town! Head to Fat Bottom Brewery for the 4th Annual Taste of West Nashville. You can sample from some of the city’s best local restaurants and proceeds benefit the West Nashville Dream Center. To adhere to COVID-19, tickets are sold in time slots from 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. and 6:3o p.m. to 8 p.m. Twilight hours take place from 8 p.m. to 9 p.m. Tickets for the early slots are $40, twilight hour tickets are $30, and children under 12 are free. Tickets are also sold at the door for $45.
- Trunk or Treat with Food Trucks – Come join the Food Truck Feast for a spooky Halloween special event! The perfect family affair featuring up to 10 local food trucks and an additional 10 shopping vendors with their trunks DECKED OUT for Halloween trick or treating! Kids can come dressed in costume as well as adults. There will be free candy given out from our food trucks and retail vendors. We will be following the guidelines implemented by the city of Nashville at the time of the event. We will feature LIVE MUSIC from 12-4 pm!
- Goblins & Giggles at Opryland – These family-friendly Halloween activities and all-ages seasonal entertainment at Gaylord Opryland offer fall fun with peace of mind. These events have been purposely redesigned to respect social distancing and an enhanced Commitment to Clean program with activities including a jack-o-lantern walk, trick-or-treating, scavenger hunts, animal encounters, and more! Dates: September 11 – October 31, 2020.