This post on sausage cream cheese bites has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TennesseePrideFlavor #CollectiveBias
Can anyone else believe we’re practically to the holiday season? In a few short weeks, our lives will be filled with lots of eating, holiday parties, events, shopping, time with loved ones, etc. It’s the best time of year and my favorite time!
We have friends over a lot this time of year so I’ve become a master in easy appetizers that are so simple but extremely delicious. Everyone loves a sausage biscuit or cream cheese crescent rolls. A while ago I was making cheese biscuit bites and had the idea of adding pork sausage and cheddar cheese to cheese crescents. It didn’t turn out the way I wanted it to but after trial and error and some experimenting came up with this recipe.
Sausage Cream Cheese Bites
- 1/2 a pound of Odom’s Tennessee Pride Sausage (Mild 1lb Sausage)
I use Odom’s Tennessee Pride Sausage because it’s high-quality, fresh pork. It’s also made with Odom’s family secret spice blend recipe. It creates a delicious real country flavor that is sure to be a crowd-pleaser! It can be used in many different ways from breakfast to lunch to appetizers! You can find it at your local Walmart.
- 1/2 cup of cream cheese softened
- 1 egg
- 1 sheet of puff pastry (you can use Pillsbury biscuits but puff pastry holds the mixture better)
- Head to Walmart to get all of your ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 375° F
- Remove 1 sheet of puff pastry from the freezer and let it thaw. You want it to be able to fold without breaking.
- Cook the 1/2 pound of Odom’s Tennessee Pride Sausage on the stove until browned.
- Once the sausage is cooked, mix the cooked sausage in with softened cream cheese.
- After the puff pastry has thawed, cut into post-it size squares. Then place in a muffin pan or muffin tin. Don’t use mini muffin tins!
- But 1 egg in a small bowl and beat with a fork until runny.
- Once the egg is runny brush it onto puff pastry. If you don’t have a brush, I used the fork and it worked fine.
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture onto the puff pastry. Scoop sausage mixture generously!
- Put in the oven and let it bake for 15 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.
- Put on a platter or plate and enjoy!
Prep time is 15 minutes, and cook time is 15 minutes, so it’s a quick and easy recipe! My husband loves these and asks for them regularly.
Get Odom’s Tennessee Mild Pride Sausage and use it for any breakfast, lunch, or dinner meals! With 200 calories and 9 g of protein per serving, Odom’s Mild Country Sausage is a great addition to your meal.
Check out some of my other recipes!
Not at all! They’re easy to make and only take about 40 minutes.
If it’s a cast iron skillet, it’s better to cook everything over moderate heat. Cooking on a heat higher than medium is actually likely to cause your food to burn or stick because of the cast iron’s conductive properties
About 30 minutes.