This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TennesseePrideFlavor #CollectiveBias
Can anyone else believe we’re practically to the holiday season? In a few short weeks, our lives will be filled with lots of eating, holiday parties, events, shopping, time with loved ones, etc. It’s the best time of year and my favorite time!
We have friends over a lot this time of year so I’ve become a master in easy appetizers that are so simple but extremely delicious. Today I thought I’d share one of my husband’s favorites, sausage cream cheese bites. You’ll love them and wonder why you haven’t made them sooner!
(click or hover the image above to shop the image!)
Sausage Cream Cheese Bites
- 1/2 a pound of Odom’s Tennessee Pride Sausage (Mild 1lb Sausage)
I use Odom’s Tennessee Pride Sausage because it’s high-quality, fresh pork. It’s also made with the Odom’s family secret spice blend recipe. It creates a delicious real country flavor that is sure to be a crowd-pleaser! It can be used in many different ways from breakfast to lunch to appetizers! You can find it at your local Walmart.
- 1/2 cup of cream cheese (softened)
- 1 egg
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- Head to Walmart to get all of your ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 375° F
- Remove 1 sheet of puff pastry from the freezer and let it thaw. You want it to be able to fold without breaking.
- Cook the 1/2 pound of Odom’s Tennessee Pride Sausage on the stove until browned.
- Once the sausage is cooked, mix in with softened cream cheese.
- After the puff pastry has thawed, cut in post-it size squares. Then place in a muffin tin.
- But 1 egg in a small bowl and beat with a fork until runny.
- Once the egg is runny brush onto puff pastry. If you don’t have a brush, I used the fork and it worked fine.
- Spoon the sausage/cream cheese mixture onto the puff pastry.
- Put in the oven and let it bake for 15 minutes or until the pastry is a golden brown.
- Put on a platter or plate and enjoy!
Prep time is 15 minutes, cook time is 15 minutes, so it’s a quick and easy recipe! My husband loves these and asks for them regularly.
Get Odom’s Tennessee Mild Pride Sausage and use it for any breakfast, lunch, or dinner meals! With 200 calories and 9 g protein per serving, Odom’s Mild Country Sausage is a great addition to your meal.