This post about what to wear in Nashville in the summer contains affiliate links.
Nashville has 12 seasons
Winter, Fool’s Spring, Second Winter, Spring of Deception, Third Winter, The Pollening, Actual Spring, Summer, Hell’s Front Porch, False Fall, Second Summer, and Actual Fall. Nashville right now is on Hell’s Front Porch. It’s miserable just to step outside! I get asked a lot about what tourists should wear when visiting Music City. I have a few tips on how to dress like a Nashville local, but today am sharing what to wear in Nashville in the summer.
Style Guide: What to Wear in Nashville in the Summer
1. If you can, wear a dress – Take it from me, denim shorts seem like a great idea but they’re not a good call. I live in loose, flowy dresses this time of year because air circulates a little bit better and if you get a breeze, it’ll be nice and cool.
2. Wear pieces that are loose and comfortable – There’s nothing worse than wearing a skin-tight dress when it’s 90+ degrees and the dress showing sweat. Keep it as loose and comfortable as possible!
3. Wear lighter colors – I wear black a lot during the summer because it doesn’t show sweat but wearing lighter colors is cooler. And wear lighter fabrics like linen!
4. Wear a hat – I’m a big hat person (as we all know) during the summer, I live in boater hats. They’re a lighter material than my felt hats and help hide my face from the sun.
5. Keep makeup and hair simple – You can spend an hour getting your hair and makeup ready but to be honest, it’s kind of a waste of time. Keep your hair out of your face and off your neck with a high pony or top knot. If you’re wearing a hat try braiding or tucking your hair in your hat! And makeup is just going to melt down your face. I typically apply sunscreen and do my eye makeup.
If there’s anything I recommend it’s to bring simple, lightweight dresses and accessories with straw hats and jewelry. If your feet swell in the heat, then loose sandals are great but if you’re doing a lot of walking around, then tennis shoes are your best bet!
What’s most important is to have fun on your trip! Drink lots of water, apply sunscreen, and seek the shade. Nashville is hot right now but there are lots of great places to eat, drink, and enjoy the city!
Which of these ‘What to wear in Nashville‘ outfits do you like the most? How do you dress for summer where you live? Share with me in a comment below!
I have teamed up with an amazing group of bloggers to give YOU a chance to win:
one of two $500 Nordstrom Gift Cards to shop the Anniversary sale!
Simply enter below by completing the rafflecopter. You’ll receive one entry per completion. This giveaway is open to the U.S. and Canada only and runs until 8/2. Winner will be announced here. Good Luck!
Void where prohibited. By entering the giveaway you acknowledge that you are agreeing to complete each task, which involves following, liking and subscribing to newsletter’s.