This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #LeakProofStorage #CollectiveBias
Thanksgiving is a little over a week away. Can you believe it?! Being from the South, food and family are two huge things associated with the holidays. This year, I’m taking a more active role in helping the matriarch’s of my family prepare for Thanksgiving. The role I volunteered for is pie! There will of course be apple, pumpkin and pecan pie but I decided to make something different this year that’s chocolate. Cue S’mores Galette Pie!
First up is get the ingredients:
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour, plus more for surfac
- 1/2 recipe Basic Pie Dough
- 2 graham crackers, divided
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 1/3 c. cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp. Kosher salt
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, plus egg wash for crust
- 6 large marshmallows, halved
To be prepared and make sure I get everything I need beforehand, I like to make sure I have all of my ingredients before Thanksgiving. That way I don’t have to go to the grocery store. To me, there’s nothing worse than going to the crazy store before turkey day!
Being a control freak, I like to have my pie filling ready to go before Thanksgiving. It’s prepared a day or two before I need it and keep it in the fridge. Keep all ingredients fresh with Rubbermaid Brilliance! These New Rubbermaid Brilliance Products help me with food prep leading up to Thanksgiving and can make your Thanksgiving less stressful by being prepared and organized!
These food storage containers can be found at your local Target! Target only carries open stock items of Brilliance (not a large pack) but you can build your own set! Rubbermaid Brilliance is the new standard in food storage. Brilliance is 100% guaranteed leak-proof with an airtight seal. This is the #1 difference between Rubbermaid and their competitors. It is also stain and odor resistant, Rubbermaid Brilliance is the only resin container made of premium stain and order resistant material on all sides. I also like how these food containers are crystal clear, features enhanced durability and aesthetics, is space efficient (stacks perfectly), and is splatter resistant with microwave vent flaps.
At my local Target, the Rubbermaid Brilliance is located in the back left corner of the store with the plates/cups and charcoal.
Target only carries open stock items of Brilliance (not a large pack) but you can build your own set! These sizes are perfect for my pie filling and other Thanksgiving goodies I need to prepare.
For the filling you do the following: put sugar, cocoa powder, and salt in a bowl. Add in butter. Mix in vanilla and egg. That’s all you need to do for the filling, pour into the Rubbermaid container and leave in the fridge. Let’s say you need to transport your dish and you don’t want to bring a fancy glass container and you need something secure so your food doesn’t spill. This container is perfect!
Now you’re a head and prepared (go you!). All you need to do is wait for Thanksgiving and finish this yummy pie! Below are instructions on completing the galette.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- On a floured surface, roll 1/2 of basic pie dough recipe to a 13-inch circle.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and crumble 1 1/2 graham crackers over dough, leaving a 2-inch border.
- Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Mix together sugar, cocoa powder, and salt. Add in butter, vanilla and egg.
- Spread batter over dough and graham crackers, leaving a 2-inch border.
- Fold dough over batter.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with marshmallows.
- Bake until marshmallows are golden: 5 to 10 minutes.
- Crush remaining 1/2 graham cracker, and sprinkle over top; cool slightly.
Also, if you want to learn more about Brilliance products get a discount when you use Cartwheel!