This Tennessee Spring post is sponsored by Opry Mills. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
If you’ve been in Nashville at all during the spring you know that we can experience every season in a week. It not only wreaks havoc on your sinuses but it also makes dressing a little tricky. So today I’m teaming up with Opry Mills to show you a few tips to dressing for a Tennessee spring.
6 TIPS TO DRESS FOR A TENNESSEE SPRING
1.Graphic tees: A graphic tee can go a long way. You can wear it as is, with shorts, skirts, pants, with a jacket, it’s so versatile! I live in tees this time of year and layer with a leather or jean jacket.
Tee from American Eagle $18.71
2. Find your winter favorites in spring colors: The pearl embellished trend was everywhere this winter. Carry it into a chilly spring in a pretty powder blue!
Solutions Sweater Dress from Saks Off 5th $39.99
Also get a warm sweater in a sunny print, like rainbow stripes!
Rainbow Striped Sweater from Forever 21 $19.90
3. Backpack: Get a rain resistant backpack that can fit your umbrella and jacket when the temps warm up! I love this Marc Jacobs backpack in this color.
Marc Jacobs backpack from Saks Off 5th
4. Wear long sleeves in lighter fabrics: If you want to keep wearing long sleeves, try picking items in a lighter fabric like lace. This dress from Saks Off 5th is a perfect Easter option!
Dress from Saks off 5th $99
I also loved this dress from Forever 21 with these pretty sheer sleeves!
Dress from Forever 21 $32.90
You can also do the lighter fabrics in a fun floral print and with some ruffles like this top from H&M that’s $14.99.
5. Light layers in bold fabrics: If it is colder in the morning and warmer in the afternoon, try a blazer or jacket in a bright color (like this green raincoat or polka dot blazer). I also love this green utility jacket with floral print and gingham raincoat from Forever 21.
Find this polka dot blazer at H&M $49.99
Green Rain Jacket from H&M $39.99
Gingham Raincoat from Forever 21 $39.90
H&M Floral Utility Jacket $34.99
Another Tennessee spring favorite is a kimono! It’s a great versatile and lightweight piece for spring. Charlotte Russe had several great options, like this one below.
Kimono from Charlotte Russe $15
6. When in doubt wear overalls: Overalls are the ultimate piece to make it through a Tennessee spring. It looks so fresh with an OTS top and it’ll keep you warm! This look from Charlotte Russe is perfect for spring!
Overalls ($25) and OTS top ($15) from Charlotte Russe
I had a super cute look from Forever 21 that I wanted to show you today but my photographer didn’t get the photos back to me in time. So this is something I get to save for next week!