This post about how to get your wardrobe ready for NYFW contains affiliate links.
It’s hard to believe that in less than a month, I’ll be back in New York City for February fashion week. Fashion week is one of my favorite times of the year and a great time to get away and get inspired. I always come home from New York feeling energized and excited about work! I share why I go to NYFW here, but today I thought I’d share my process on figuring out NYFW packing essentials!
Figuring Out NYFW Packing Essentials
- Pinterest – About a month or two before fashion week, I hit up Pinterest. You can see a few of my previous fashion week looks here, as well as my street style inspo board! On Pinterest, I search for keywords like “street style” or “winter fashion week” and try to get the creative juices flowing.
- Google Previous Fashion Weeks – Google “February Fashion Week 2019” and take a look at what other bloggers wore and how they dressed up their coats and boots. February is a little bit of a relief since it’s all about jackets, layers and cold-weather accessories!
- Shop Your Closet – I have so many clothes but when I first started going to fashion week, I thought all of my clothes had to be new so I’d break the bank on new outfits and accessories. Last September and in February I’ll be wearing pieces from my closet! One reason I like Pinterest so much is it gives me new ideas on how to style pieces I already own. Why buy an item of clothing if it can’t be worn and styled half a dozen ways.
- If You Have to Shop, Rent – If you’re just dying for new fashion week pieces, try renting instead of buying. If you buy pieces, wear and return, most of the time retailers can tell items have been worn and they get thrown away. This is so wasteful and harmful to the environment! By using Rent the Runway or Nuuly, you can have new pieces without the waste.
(P.S. Use my girl Alicia’s code CHEW50 for $200 off a two-month unlimited Rent the Runway membership!)
- Borrow Clothes from a Blogger Friend – Another cool way to get different clothes for fashion week is borrowing pieces from a trusted blogger friend. You could also make it a cool challenge to see how you style the pieces differently!
- Email Brands to Collaborate – Another great way to get items for your fashion week is to email your favorite brands. See if they want to collaborate. Offer to do a recap blog post of all of your outfits and Instagram posts + stories in exchange for items!
What are you NYFW packing essentials? Let me know in a comment below!