February fashion week in New York is one of my favorites. It’s not as crowded as September fashion week, you get into better shows and brands are more likely to have one-on-one meetings. I thought it would be fun today to recap all that I did during NYFW February 2020 and share some trends I noticed in my meetings and shows during NYFW February 2020.
- Fashion Hong Kong – My first show of NYFW! This is my third time attending the show and there’s always such a great variety. There were three designers and they each had such different styles. One was glamorous, the other very street style and the third a kind of fab athleisure.
- Badgley Mishka – This show was an absolute dream to attend. It had been on my wish list for so many years and was a ‘pinch me’ moment! This collection had so much glitz and glamour. The Oscar’s were the next day and all of the dresses deserved to be on the red carpet!
- Son Jung Wan – This is a show that I attend every season and it’s always one of my favorites! This year was all about primary colors with sparkles. Bright Kelly Green is my favorite color and there were several pieces in this collection that had my name all over it. Can we also talk about this long sleeve, copper sequin dress? It gives me all the heart eyes!
- oqLiq – This was my first show that was exclusively men’s. This is how I would love my husband to dress. The colors were cool and subtle and the styles and prints were more street style/fashion-forward but could be worn every day.
- H&M – Spring and beach vibes are alive and well in the H&M showroom! I couldn’t get a lot of photos of upcoming collections since there’s a lot embargoed but I will tell you to get excited and keep an eye out. There are lots of neons, exaggerated sleeves and fun prints.
- Marc Fisher – Marc Fisher is one of my favorite shoe brands and it’s going to be a very metallic fall! I fell in love with some gold knee-high boots and booties. They also have some gorgeous new croc is greens, navy, and burgundies. I also got to preview their #nsale picks and can’t wait to show you later this year!
- Charlotte Tilbury – My all-time favorite lipstick is ‘Pillow Talk’ by CT. They just released a new collection of eye shadow, lipstick, lipliner, and blush in the Pillow Talk palette. Also, the Charlotte Tilbury showroom is so on-brand for them and absolutely stunning!
- Tibi – Instead of a show, Tibi opted into a presentation this year. To me, no one does suiting quite like Tibi! Most of the collection was in neutrals with a pop of sparkle in an accessory. I also noticed a lot of square-toed shoes and boots along with square handbags.
- Rebecca Minkoff – The best thing about this presentation is that you can already buy these pieces! My favorite pieces from Rebecca Minkoff is a pink suit, floral bucket bag, and floral dresses.