I recently got back from a trip to New Orleans where my husband was stuck at a conference all day, leaving me time to explore and shop on my own. While gone, I averaged about 20,000 steps a day from walking up and down every single street and into all the shops in and around the French Quarter! I also took the time to walk and drive down Magazine Street but I’ll save all of that for a later post. Today, I want to focus on seven stores I found that had the cutest things!
- Lucy Rose – This super cute boutique has location on Chartres St. and on Magazine St. and offer apparel, accessories, home decor, swim suits, baby gifts, you name it! As far as apparel goes, you walk in and immediately see ten things you want that are unique and belong in your closet. If you’re a shopaholic like me you may need to leave your credit card at home because you can get into some major trouble in this store.
- Hemline – This boutique also has locations on Chartres St. and Magazine St. and feature some of your favorite brands like Free People, French Connection, BCBG, Parker and much more! They do a great job of mixing boho chic items with glamorous party dresses. Their items are a little on the expensive side but definitely worth the splurge.
- SPT (Sweet Pea & Tulip) – Located on Chartres St. SPT offers a wide selection of jewelry and New Orleans themed apparel. My favorite tee’s in there included sayings like “OK, but first crawfish” and “Take me back to New Orleans.” Their items are cute, affordable and better than anything you’d find in a gift shop. If you’re looking for a souvenir, check here first.
- Penelope – Located next to a shoe store, Penelope has cute dresses that perfectly go with anything in the adjoining shoe store. They have the cutest dresses, skirts and tops! I couldn’t find their website, but they’re on Chartres street with the cutest flowered sign!
- Lost & Found – This boutique carries women’s clothing in sizes small to 3x, accessories, jewelry, hand-made soy candles, hats, sunglasses, made in New Orleans items, unique knickknacks and much, much more. Located on Chartres St.
- Red Lantern – This boutique may not look special on the outside, but it’s a place I always go when I’m in New Orleans. Red Lantern has cool women’s clothing but it’s their accessories and t-shirts that keep me coming back! My husband loves their t-shirts and always gets one when we go. Their prices vary but this place on Royal St. is definitely a gem.
- Trashy Diva– Located on Royal St., Trashy Diva has 40’s and 50’s clothing as well as shoes, hats, jewelry and lingerie. If you love pin-up style you have to stop here and their lingerie store across the street!