This week has been so cold and dreary! Getting out of bed to do anything has been a struggle. However, this means lots of puppy snuggles with Gatsby and Fitzy and watching Friends on Netflix.
When the weather is like this, I just want warm filling food that will heat up my soul. One of those things is a pot of chili. My mom (or Marmee as I fondly call her) makes a phenomenal pot of chili. After she makes a pot, she gives my brother and me Tupperware containers to put in the freezer and we thaw them out when we want them.
Since it’s so cold, and I know others feel the same, I thought I’d share my mom’s recipe today so you can make a pot of chili for yourself at home!
POT OF CHILI RECIPE
- 3-4 Cans of Chili Beans. (Either pinto, black or red beans in a mild/medium sauce)
- 1-2 Cans of Pinto Beans. (Drained)
- 1 16oz of Tomato Sauce.
- 1 Envelope of Chili Seasoning
- 1/2-1 Pound of Ground Beef
- Brown hamburger meat and season if desired.
- Drain off grease.
- Pour beans, seasoning, meat and tomato sauce in the pot.
- Turn on medium high.
- Add 1/2-1 Cup of water. (More water, more soupy)
- When chili starts to boil, turn on low.
- Cover and let the pot simmer for half an hour.
- Make a grilled cheese and enjoy!
If it’s just me and my husband, I half the ingredients and make a smaller pot. Or if you make a big pot you can freeze it and save it for later!