This post about a sour bourbon cocktail was a reel I did in collaboration with Old Forester. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Is there anything more refreshing than a lemony cocktail to welcome spring? I’m working with Old Forester and they sent me a bottle of their 1910 Old Fine Whisky. After looking through a bunch of cookbooks and online articles, I combined a few recipes to make a Lavender Lemon Whiskey Sour. I’m sharing all the ingredients, instructions, and even a how-to video below.
Sour Bourbon Cocktail: Lavender Lemon Whiskey Sour
Lavender Simple Syrup
- 1 cup of sugar
- Edible Dried Lavender Petals
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 a lemon juiced
- 2 tablespoons of the lavender simple syrup
- 2 ounces of Old Forester Whisky
- Make the lavender simply syrup beforehand. Add 1 cup of sugar, 1 cup of water, and 2 tablespoons of the edible dried lavender petals to a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and let it simmer for a few minutes.
- Pour the syrup through a mesh sleeve into a measuring cup and let it cool.
- Chill a martini glass.
- Add the 1/2 a lemon juiced, 2 tablespoons of lavender simple syrup, and 2 ounces of Old Forester Whisky to a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice and shake.
- Pour into a martini glass and garnish with a sprig of lavender and lemon.