My life right now is a little crazy. I feel like I’m gone every other week and if you don’t stay on top of it, it can get a tad overwhelming. If you’re organized and strategic, you can get your blog ready for vacay so you don’t have to take out your computer. The best trips are when the laptop stays in the suitcase!
Check out a few ways to get your blog ready for vacation below.
- Turn on Your Out-Of-Office – Before every trip go into your email and activate your OOO. Mine usually says, “Thank you for your email, I’m out of the office with limited access to emails. All messages will be returned on [insert date here].” This just lets inquiries and brands know why you’re not responding and when you’ll get back to them.
- Schedule Out Your Pins – I love Pinterest and it’s one of the main ways my blog gets traffic. I pin 100+ times a day whether it’s my own content, inspirational quotes, outfits I love or home decor ideas. I use Tailwind to get all my pins scheduled and get my pins ready for the duration of my trip plus the day after I get home.
- Get Camera Ready – Your blog has to have content right? Grab your Instahusband, friend or another blogger and get the shots. I make shot lists to I get all the shots I need for campaigns.
- Write All Your Blog Posts – I post MWF and that’s one of the most time-consuming parts of my job. When I travel I have everything ready to go whether it’s a new post, guest post or am recycling/updating an old post.
- Update Your Social Media Calendar – When a new blog post is published, it’s good to have a social media schedule to back it up. I use Hootsuite to schedule Twitter and Facebook posts, Planoly for Instagram posts and then Instastories on Photoshop and on my phone.
- Double Check Your Content Calendar – There have been times when I’m busy getting ready for a trip when I look at my content calendar and realize I have a draft due while I’m gone. Look in advance so your work is done and you can kick back and relax.