Hallowine, I mean Halloween, is just around the corner! Sixteen days from now to be exact. Everyone’s plans are probably all over the place with trick or treating to parties to chilling at home. But you still need to do a few things to celebrate and get in the spooky spirit!
One thing I normally make for a Halloween party is sangria. I’ve got the perfect Halloween sangria recipe to share with you today that is super easy to make and delicious!
Hallowine: Spooky Halloween Red Wine Sangria Recipe
- 1/4 of a cup of sugar
- 2 bottles of Cabernet or Pinot Noir (I used the Cab Franc from Stinson Vineyards)
- 1 cup of pulp-free Orange Juice
- 1/4 of a cup of Grand Marnier
- 24 ounces of chilled Club Soda
- 2 Large Oranges Thinly Sliced
- 1 Container of Blackberries
- Some colorful orange and black straws
- Large Pitcher
- Get a saucepan and add 1/4 cup of sugar and 1 1/4 of water and let it simmer over medium heat.
- Stir occasionally and once the sugar has dissolved, let it sit for about 10 minutes.
- Once the sugar mixture has sat for 10 minutes, get a pitcher and add the 2 bottles of Cabernet, 1 cup of orange juice, and 1/4 of a cup of Grand Marnier.
- Cover the pitcher and put it in the fridge for about 5 hours.
- Once you’re ready to serve, add in the 24 ounces of club soda, oranges, and blackberries and stir.
- Serve over ice (if you want) and add a fun straw.
- If you’re feeling fancy, cut up some extra orange slices and use them as garnish!
My favorite part of this is when the fruit has been sitting in the sangria for a while and has so much flavor. Perfect boozy snack!