Hallowine, I mean Halloween, is just around the corner! Twenty-two days from now to be exact. I know everyone’s plans are looking a little different this year, and that’s okay. But you still need to do a few things to celebrate and get in the spooky spirit!
One thing I normally make for a Halloween party is sangria. I’ve got the perfect recipe to share with you today that is super easy to make and delicious!
Hallowine: Halloween Sangria Recipe
- 1/4 of a cup of sugar
- 2 bottles of Cabernet (I used the Cab Franc from Stinson Vineyards)
- 1 cup of pulp free Orange Juice
- 1/4 of a cup of Grand Marnier
- 24 ounces of chilled Club Soda
- 2 Large Oranges Thinly Sliced
- 1 Container of Blackberries
- Some colorful orange and black straws
- Get a saucepan and add 1/4 cup of sugar and 1 1/4 of water and let it simmer over medium heat.
- Stir occasionally and once the sugar has dissolved, let it sit for about 10 minutes.
- Once the sugar mixture has sat for 10 minutes, get a pitcher and add the 2 bottles of Cabernet, 1 cup of orange juice and 1/4 of a cup of Grand Marnier.
- Cover the pitcher and put it in the fridge for about 5 hours.
- Once you’re ready to serve, add in the 24 ounces of club soda, oranges and blackberries and stir.
- Serve over ice (if you want) and add a fun straw.
- If you’re feeling fancy, cut up some extra orange slices and use as garnish!
My favorite part of this is when the fruit has been sitting in the sangria for a while and has so much flavor. Perfect boozy snack! This is the first of 4 in my Halloween recipe series, come back next week for the yummiest chocolate-covered apple pops!