With Halloween a little over a week away, I’m keeping up with the spooky goodies! Today’s recipe is poison apple punch. A delicious mocktail that’s full of good flavors, seasonal spices and great for a night at home watching Hocus Pocus or having a socially distanced backyard hang with friends! I’m sharing how to make this yummy treat below.
Halloween Mocktail: Poison Apple Punch Recipe
- 4 slices of peeled ginger
- 6 cups of apple cider
- Zest of 1 large orange
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 whole cloves
- One red apple
- 1 pack of gummy worms
- 1 bottle of sparkling cranberry-apple juice
- Smash the 4 ginger slices and transfer to a medium saucepan.
- Add the 6 cups of apple cider, orange zest, lemon zest, 2 cinnamon sticks and 3 cloves to the saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a pitcher.
- Let cool to room temperature, then refrigerate until chilled.
This makes the house smell so good when it’s simmering. If you want to spike it with something add some cinnamon whiskey.
When you’re ready to serve, cut up the red apple and either cut a slot down the middle so it sits on the side of the glass or put it on a toothpick to hang on the side. I also hang a gummy worm off the side of the glass!