This post is sponsored by OSCAR MAYER. All comments and opinions are my own.
This summer, one of my go-to recipes is a super easy turkey pita sandwich. My husband and I have been trying to be better at “adulting” lately. Saving money, eating healthier, thinking about the future and retirement, and eating in instead of getting pizza or burgers every night. Despite how crazy our schedules have been this week, we took a minute for ourselves and made these super easy sandwiches to eat on the front porch swing!
I’ve had some time to get better in the kitchen, so I thought I’d share how to make these turkey pita sandwiches, because they are one of our favorite weeknight dinner recipes to follow during the summer!
For our turkey pita sandwiches, we opted to make them with Oscar Mayer Natural Slow Roasted Turkey Breast because it’s made without artificial preservatives or added nitrates or nitrites. Plus, it tastes just like you got it straight from your local deli. Giving you that fresh taste that we all want, without all the unhealthy things that most packaged meats have.
Get your own Oscar Mayer Natural Cold Cuts in the refrigerated section at your local Publix store and make sure to check out the other flavors they have; like Applewood Smoked Turkey and New Buffalo Chicken. They are all really good, and would make any sandwich you make taste amazing!
Now that I’ve given you the background on Oscar Mayer Natural Slow Roasted Turkey Breast, check out how to make these easy turkey pita sandwiches.
Turkey Pita Sandwich Recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes; Marinate for 12-24 hours
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup oil
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 ounces Oscar Mayer Natural Slow Roasted Turkey
- 2 pita bread, halved and split
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 4 tablespoons fat-free ranch dressing
HOW TO MAKE YOUR TURKEY PITA SANDWICH:
- Go get all your ingredients from Publix!
- In large bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, mustard, sugar, pepper, tarragon and red pepper flakes.
- Shred turkey; add to mixture.
- Cover and marinate overnight.
- Drain turkey from marinade; discard marinade.
- Broil turkey 5 to 6 inches from heat source 10 minutes or until turkey is heated.
- Fill pita pocket with turkey and tomato.
- Drizzle ranch dressing over turkey.
This recipe is super easy to make and takes less than 30 minutes to prep and assemble! Don’t forget, all of these items can be found at your local Publix; and the Oscar Mayer Natural Slow Roasted Turkey Breast is located in the refrigerated section.
Now I’m ready to put on a plate and have a minute to myself on the front porch. It’s the best way to enjoy a meal and unwind after a long day!
What’s your go-to food for a busy weekday? Share with me in a comment below!