Real talk? I have fallen off the cooking at home quarantine bandwagon. We cooked so much the first month and a half that we got burnt out and tired of trying to come up with recipes for dinner. We’ve been ordering out at a few of our favorite local places but this weekend decided to make an easy summer dish to enjoy for lunch. My husband loves a good Mediterranean pasta salad recipe so I thought I’d share his favorite on here for your guys to enjoy!
Easy Summer Dishes: Mediterranean Pasta Salad Recipe
Mediterranean Pasta Salad
- 12 ounces of dry pasta
- 1 cucumber (diced)
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 4 ounces of feta cheese (crumbled)
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons of oregano
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- Whisk the 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil, 3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, 2 teaspoons of oregano, 2 minced garlic cloves, 1 teaspoon of honey, 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper and salt, and a pinch of red pepper flakes in a bowl until combined.
Mediterranean Pasta Salad
- Cook the pasta al dente in a large pan with salted water.
- Drain the pasta and rinse under cold water for 20 seconds.
- Transfer the pasta to a large mixing bowl.
- Add one cucumber (diced), 1 pint of cherry tomatoes (halved), and 4 ounces of feta cheese (crumbled) to the mixing bowl.
- Pour the vinaigrette on top.
- Toss until everything is coated with the vinaigrette.
- Serve and enjoy!
- (We added extra feta cheese to ours before serving.)
This salad looks like the perfect summer side dish!
I haven’t had pasta salad in sooo long but it reminds me of summer time 🙂 Can’t wait to try this!
Hillary Conheady says
This looks amazing! Definitely saving for later – would be a perfect fourth of July recipe!
Taylor McLemore says
Oh my gosh yes! This is one of my favorite types of summer salads / side dishes!
Taylor | http://styleiseverythingblog.com
Yummy! I’m helping host a baby shower and I’m supposed to take a cold pasta dish, I might have to take this one!
Adaleta Avdic says
You seriously have the best recipes. I’ve always loved a nice cold pasta salad, and this Mediterranean twist is calling my name!
Anna English says
This looks so yummy, and perfect for a backyard BBQ!
Sarah Lindner says
This sounds delicious…perfect for all those summer bbqs! xoxo, Sarah
This looks DELICIOUS! I am such a sucker for pasta salad, especially when there’s fresh cucumber in it. Can’t wait to make this with hot dogs for dinner!
My mom used to make a pasta salad very similar to this one when I was growing up, and it’s been years since I’ve had it. You just reminded me to make it myself sometime soon!
Love how quick and easy that is. Plus it just seems super light – perfect for a summer lunch!
Jamaria Johnson says
Omg I LOVE pasta salad! Yours looks so pretty and delicious! Thanks for sharing gf! Xo