All the time at home hasn’t turned me into a master chef but it has forced me to think outside of the box when it comes to dinner recipes. There are only so many nights you can have pizza or barbecue chicken! So earlier this week, I spent some time online looking at some easy recipes to try. I found this easy stuffed bell peppers with ground beef recipe and wanted to give it a try!
Prep time is 15 minutes and the total time is 55 minutes. This recipe serves 4 but just half it if you only want to make two peppers.
Stuffed Bell peppers With Ground Beef
- 4 Large Bell Peppers – Any color works!
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 clove of garlic (chopped)
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- 1 cup of cooked rice (optional, we’re not big rice people so we left it out)
- 2 tablespoons of onion (chopped)
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- First thing’s first, heat up the oven! 350ºF.
- Cut a thin layer off the top of the pepper to remove the stem.
- Remove all the seeds and insides of the pepper.
- Find a pot big enough to hold all the peppers and fill with water.
- Let the water boil and then add the peppers. Let them sit in there for a few minutes and then remove.
- While the peppers are sitting in the boiling water, find a 10-inch skillet.
- Cook the beef and onions over medium heat until the beef is browned.
- Drain grease and then add in rice, salt, garlic, and tomato sauce. Stir occasionally and cook until hot.
- Stand peppers upright in a baking dish (mine is an 8-inch)
- Start stuffing mixture into peppers.
- Cover the peppers with aluminum foil and let them bake for 10 minutes.
- Take off the aluminum foil and let them bake for another 15 minutes or until the peppers are tender.
- Serve on a plate and cover in shredded mozzarella.
This is a great recipe if you’re in a food rut while in quarantine and want something yummy and outside the box. If you give it a try let me know what you think!