My Hollar Homemade streak continues! I’ve done some fun appetizers and cocktails, but today I’m conquering a lunch recipe. My husband loves chicken salad and would eat it almost every day if he could. So I found a quick chicken salad recipe and gave it a whirl! While the chicken takes a while to cook, the rest of the steps are easy to throw together and serve. I was thinking and this would be so cute so a baby shower/bridal shower finger food on some King’s Hawaiian Rolls!
This recipe makes five servings if you want more just double the ingredients. Serve on regular loaf bread, bagels, crackers, croissant, rolls, on a salad, whatever you fancy for your lunch.
Easy Lunch Ideas: Quick Chicken Salad Recipe
- 2lbs of Chicken Breast (4 strips if you’re using a package of chicken)
- 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
- 1 Cup of Red Grapes Halved
- 1/2 Cub of Almonds Chopped
- 1 Celery Rib Chopped
- 1 Teaspoon of Parsley Flakes
- 1/2 Cup of Mayo
- 2 Tablespoon of Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon of Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350º.
- Pour olive oil over your chicken in a baking dish and rub it in.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper and put it in the oven for 40 minutes.
- While the chicken is getting gold and delicious, start on the rest of the salad!
- In a medium/large bowl, add grapes, almonds, celery, and parsley. Stir gently.
- In a small/medium bowl, add mayonnaise, dijon mustard, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Add the mayo mixture to the medium/large bowl, stir gently and put it in the fridge.
- When chicken is done, let it cool. Once it’s cool, cut into pieces.
- Add to the mixture in the fridge and stir gently.
- Serve immediately or put in the fridge until desired.