This post on designer consignment websites contains affiliate links.
Since I was a little girl I’ve always loved designer items. I’d go visit my aunt in California and wander her closet of St. John knits and Dior suits. I’d dream of the day when I was grown up and dress just like her.
In my 30 years, I’ve acquired a few high-end pieces, my Prada pumps from Nordstrom Rack for $50, a Dior suit I inherited from my aunt, and some new pieces like my Chanel earrings and flats!
But I love getting my pieces at an extreme discount or from consignment websites. It’s like these designs are so well made they have multiple lives and multiple owners. I love it when a piece is taken care of and lived on! I have 5 websites I go-to and thought I’d share them with you today.
Top 5 Designer Consignment Websites to Buy Your Favorite Second-Hand Designer Items
- Shopbop’s What Goes Around Comes Around – My love for ShopBop runs deep and it ran deeper when I found the What Goes Around Comes Around section. Here they have some fashions most iconic labels like Chanel, Gucci, YSL, Fendi, Chloe and more. I usually check this site once a week to see what new items they have. The Chanel section is my personal favorite.
- Rebag – Have a designer bag you never wear? Sell it to Rebag and buy another one! I’ve worked with them a few times and their bags are such a dream. They only accept the best quality and they have some great pieces.
- Vesitaire Collective – Their vintage section is drool-worthy! So many gorgeous pieces of jewelry and clothing. The prices aren’t bad either! I’ve never bought anything from here so I can vouch for it personally but I love browsing through their selection.
- The RealReal – Another designer exchange program, they carry designers like Saint Laurent, Prada, Louis Vuitton, Balenciaga and more! They might have the widest selection of shoes and clothing that I’ve seen! I’ve got some birthday money burning a hole in my pocket so I’ve got a couple of pairs of shoes on my wishlist.
- Bag Borrow or Steal – Remember in the Sex & the City Movie when Carrie’s assistant, played by Jennifer Hudson, talked about how she got her designer Louis Vuitton handbags on Bag Borrow or Steal? Well, it’s still around and you rent or buy the designer handbag of your dreams here.
Do you like buying designer items secondhand? If so, where are your favorite designer consignment websites? Share with me in a comment below!