This post on coffee chocolate cake has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #LavazzaCoffeeMoments #CollectiveBias
With the holidays approaching, my cooking and baking are in high gear! I’ve been experimenting in the kitchen and today I have a recipe that combines my two loves; coffee and chocolate! Introducing coffee chocolate cake! See how to make this yummy treat below.
Coffee Chocolate Cake
- 10 tablespoons of soft, unsalted butter
- 1 2/3 cup of sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/2 cup of white flour
- 1/2 cup + 1/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- Lavazza Keurig® K-Cup® Classico Pods // 1 1/2 cup of Lavazza coffee (cooled to warm)
I use Lavazza Keurig® K-Cup® Classico Pods every day because it’s high-quality coffee. The K-Pods are manufactured by Keurig®, for use in Keurig® K-Cup® systems and you can have a delicious cup of coffee ready in less than a minute. The Classico flavor is a balanced roast and has a rich, full-bodied flavor. The best part is it has no aftertaste!
- Heat the oven to 350°F.
- Grab a square, 9-inch baking pan and butter generously.
- Make your Lavazza Keurig® K-Cup® Classico Pods in your K-Cup machine. Once done, leave to cool.
- Once you’ve put butter on the bottom of the pan and sides, lightly flour the bottom and sides.
- Put softened butter and sugar in a large bowl, stir until smooth with a whisk or spoon
- Blend in eggs one at a time.
- Mix in vanilla and salt.
- Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, and cocoa into a large bowl and pour in the cooled coffee.
- Stir the mixture until smooth and free of lumps.
- Pour the batter in the baking pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Insert a toothpick in the center to make sure it’s done.
Let the pan cool for twenty minutes and use a knife around the edges of the pan, invert the cake onto the rack, and remove the pan. Invert again onto another rack and let cool right side up until just warm.
Pro tip: If you’re making this for a holiday party, put some crushed candy canes or sprinkles on top for a festive twist!
Beginning 10/28, find Lavazza Keurig® K-Cup® Pods for $6.49 at Publix! Hurry into the store, because this offer only lasts two weeks!
Would you eat a coffee chocolate cake? Share with me in a comment below!