This post about Coca Cola Chocolate Cupcakes was in collaboration with Social Fabric.
As most of you know by now, I am the queen of Christmas. It’s my favorite time of year! I decorate the day after Halloween and take the next two months to watch all of my favorite Christmas movies, listen to ‘All I Want for Christmas Is You’ until everyone is sick of it and enjoy all of my favorite holiday treats.
When Tim (my husband) and I got married, we wanted to make some new family traditions around the holidays. Our tradition may not sound like much but when we’re decorating our home we put on a holiday movie (my favorites are The Bishop’s Wife, Holiday Inn, and The Holiday!). I also make my famous cherry Coca Cola Chocolate cupcakes. Once we’re done decorating, we turn on the tree lights and enjoy the movie and our cupcakes. There’s nothing better than a couple of Coca Cola Chocolate cupcakes and a Christmas movie!
Delicious Christmas Coca Cola Chocolate Cupcakes
These Coca Cola cupcakes are the perfect holiday treat and today I’m going to show you how to make them for yourself. The first thing you need to do is gather your ingredients.
- 1 box Devils Food Cake Mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup Coke
- 1/3 cup Maraschino Cherry liquid
- 24 Maraschino Cherries
- 1 1/4 cup softened Butter
- 5 cup Powdered Sugar/Icing Sugar
- 2 tbsp Coke
- 1 tbsp Maraschino Cherry liquid or Red Food Coloring
- 24 Maraschino Cherries
When I need ingredients I pop over to my local Publix, since they have anything and everything I need. I usually only buy canned Coca-Cola cans, but Coca-Cola has the cutest glass bottles during the holidays. And nothing says Christmas like the Coca-Cola Polar Bears!
Once you have your ingredients, it’s time to start baking!
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line muffin pan with paper liners. (I love these festive liners from Publix)
- Make batter according to mix direction EXCEPT for substitute 1 cup Coca-Cola and 1/3 cup cherry liquid for water or vegetable oil
- Fill liners 2/3 full and add 1 cherry to the middle of each
- Bake according to box directions and allow to cool completely. (Don’t put the frosting on if it’s hot!)
- Whip butter, coke, and cherry liquid and gradually add powdered sugar
- Transfer frosting to a piping bag and frost each cupcake (I don’t have a piping bag so I just used a knife to smear on the cupcake)
- Top each cupcake with another cherry (or two, or three!)
I’m not the best baker, but this Coca Cola cupcake recipe is so easy to make that it’s hard to mess it up! Once done, take a picture for your Instagram or Snapchat (c’mon we all do it) and enjoy it with a glass of milk or an ice-cold Coca-Cola (in the glass bottles of course).
Like this recipe? Check out some other yummy things I’ve made!
It’s chocolate cake but the cola makes it nice and moist. It’s also more fudgey.
If your cake has a fruit topping or whipped cream/frosting, it’s safe to put it in the fridge so it lasts longer.
Absolutely! Just make sure it’s completely cooled first and wrapped up tight before putting it in the freezer.