This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DelightfulMoments #SplashOfDelight #CollectiveBias
Once a month, my girlfriends and I try to get together at each other’s houses for brunch. It’s a great time to eat, catch up on each other’s lives and spend time together. This month is at my house and I was so excited to try a new recipe – chocolate caramel coffee cake!
So before brunch, I headed over to my local Walmart for a few ingredients. See the ingredients and instructions for my delicious Chocolate Caramel Coffee Cake below!
Chocolate Caramel Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 (2-1/4 tsp.) envelope of Instant Yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup of very warm milk (120° to 130°F)
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 egg
- 1 package (9 ounces) of Baking Caramels divided
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Mix 1-3/4 cups flour, 2-1/4 tsp. undissolved yeast, 2 tablespoons sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl.
- Add 3/4 cup very warm milk, 1/4 cup melted butter and 1 egg and beat until smooth.
- Set 10 caramels aside. Unwrap the remaining caramels and cut each into 4 pieces.
- Stir caramel into the batter.
- Pour into greased 8 x 8-inch baking dish.
- Combine 1/4 cup brown sugar and 1/4 cup flour in a small bowl.
- Cut in 2 tablespoons butter (with a pastry blender or 2 forks).
- Sprinkle over coffee cake.
- Top with chocolate chips.
- Cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 to 30 minutes until browned and done in the center.
- Remove and cool.
- Unwrap and microwave the reserved caramels and 1 tablespoon of milk for about 45 seconds, until the caramels are melted and smooth.
- Drizzle over coffee cake and serve.
While I was at Walmart getting ingredients, I saw something in the milk section that looked amazing. These International Delight® creamers! They come in three yummy flavors: HERSHEY’S® Chocolate Caramel, REESE’S® Peanut Butter Cup, and Almond Joy™.
I grabbed the Hershey Chocolate Caramel and Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup to go with my chocolate caramel coffee cake. Also, who doesn’t love candy in their coffee?! My motto is “is there a REESE’S® Peanut Butter Cup in your mug? There should be.”
I’m happy to say the chocolate caramel coffee cake was delicious and a hit at brunch! I’ll definitely be making it again soon since it was so yummy and went great with the HERSHEY’S® Chocolate Caramel creamer!