I polled my Instagram followers last week to see what kind of content they wanted to see on the blog this week and over half of the responses said fun cocktail recipes! My porch swing is one of my favorite spots these days. Each evening my husband and I make our current favorite mixed berry margarita recipe and go sit out there and have a little “happy hour.” It’s something little for us to look forward to each day in these crazy times.
One thing I love this time of year is fresh berries. They’re perfect in cocktails and a great natural sweetener than can add some texture to a drink. I put strawberries and blueberries in all my drinks from water to juice to wine!
We’ve been experimenting with cocktails and found an easy 5-minute berry margarita recipe that’s perfect for summer and so yummy with fresh berries. This margarita is perfect for your front porch quarantine happy hour!
Mixed Berry Margarita Recipe
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 10-12 blackberries/strawberries/blueberries (any kind of berry you want)
- 1/2 ounce of triple sec
- 2 ounces of tequila
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- Put your berries and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice in a bowl and muddle the berries and lemon juice.
- Put this juice mixture into a shaker with the tequila, triple sec and ice.
- Pour into a pretty glass and add a sprig of thyme and other berries for decoration and flavor.
Do you have a favorite mixed berry margarita recipe? Or another cocktail recipe that you love making right now? If so, share it in a comment below!