This post is in partnership with Barilla® Pasta. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
As you all know, I’m not an amazing cook. But your girl is good at making a handful of dishes that are easy to make, quick, and super yummy. One of my go-to’s is the Barilla® Red Lentil pasta with lemon, garlic, and kale. It’s light and refreshing and great for leftovers.
My secret to this yummy pasta is the Barilla® Red Lentil Penne Pasta. Barilla has leveraged its more than 140 years of expertise to create pasta with one simple ingredient – chickpea or red lentil flour. They offer a delicious taste and cooks perfectly “al dente” every time while providing a good source of protein and an excellent source of fiber. Learn how to make this pasta recipe below!
Barilla® Red Lentil Pasta with Lemon Garlic Kale
- 8 ounces of Barilla® Red Lentil Penne Pasta
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 bunch of kale
- 1/4 cup of vegetable broth
- lemon juice
- lemon zest
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup of walnuts
- 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- Get a large pot and fill it with water. Let the water boil.
- Once the water is boiling, add the Barilla® Red Lentil Penne Pasta.
- Stir and cook the pasta until al dente (cooked so as to be still firm when eaten).
- Once the pasta has boiled, strain and rinse with cold water.
- Set the pasta aside.
- Slice the garlic cloves into thin pieces.
- In a large skillet, add 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and the sliced 4 garlic cloves into the skillet.
- Stir and cook until the kale is wilted.
- Grab your zester and zest one lemon.
- Turn off the heat to the skillet and add the zested lemon and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. (You’re welcome to add more lemon juice if you like your pasta extra lemon-y.)
- Add the cooked Barilla® Red Lentil Penne Pasta to the skillet and stir until everything is well combined.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste and then get to work on the walnut “cheese” topping.
- In a small bowl, combine the 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts and 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast.
- Once combined, sprinkle over the pasta before serving.
Another thing I love about this Barilla® pasta is that it gives health-conscious food lovers a nutritious way to add variety to their meals, making a great foundation for or addition to a range of dishes, from pasta to salads to soups. Barilla® Chickpea and Red Lentil pasta are all certified gluten-free, non-GMO Project Verified, and made with one simple ingredient you can actually pronounce. Also, Barilla® Red Lentil Spaghetti is the 2021 People Food Awards Winner! I don’t know about you but I love when I can actually pronounce the food on the back of the box!
From prep to cooking, this recipe shouldn’t take more than half an hour to make. Plus this serves 4 and I always have some leftovers for lunch or dinner the next day. Another thing to make cooking easier, to get all your ingredients at your local Kroger. I order everything on my list through ClickList and then go to pick it up the next day. It’s great if you have a recipe and you need all the ingredients, you won’t miss anything!