This post was sponsored by Kingsford as part of an Influencer Activation and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Summertime and the living’s easy! Is there anything better than a summer bar-b-que in your backyard? You invite your friends and family to come and hang out and eat, or have an outdoor date night for you and your sweetheart. Either way, burgers and hotdogs just taste better outside! If you haven’t embraced your inner bar-b-que master yet, I’ve got a few backyard bbq ideas to get you ready for grilling.
Backyard BBQ Ideas: Top 5 Essentials for your Next BBQ Party
- Outdoor seating – If you have a patio area near your grill, find a table and some chairs so you can sit and relax. It’s no fun if you and everyone else is standing around all awkward and uncomfortable.
- Accessories – This may sound silly, but hear me out. Outdoor accessories make all the difference in a backyard BBQ. Hang some string lights, invest in some tiki torches to keep bugs away, and some pillows/cushions for extra comfort. This will turn your outdoor area into an oasis and you’ll never want to come inside. Your friends may never want to go home either!
- Food – What’s a backyard BBQ without food?! You need burgers, hotdogs, chicken, corn on the cob, potatoes, potato chips, watermelon, fruit, all the yummy things! My one rule is the food has to be fairly easy and mess-free. You don’t want to have to carry a ton of ingredients or fussy food outside to serve.
- Grill Essentials – Of course, you need a grill if you’re planning on cooking those hamburgers and hotdogs. But you may also need a lighter, starters, spatula, apron, and other things to make your job as grill master a little easier.
- Charcoal – The #1 thing a charcoal grill needs is, well charcoal. It keeps the whole operation up and running. My go-to brand is Kingsford Charcoal. It delivers flavor in the outdoor grilling experience!
You can find Kingsford Original or Match Light at your local Walmart.
We have a Walmart super close to our house and it’s a convenient place for all my summer entertaining and backyard BBQ needs. Items are low cost and I love a one-stop-shop to help save me time and money! I use online grocery pick up these days but you can also order online or go in-store if you’re comfortable.
You can find how-to videos and food inspiration with Kingsford on Walmart.com. There’s also a fun sweepstake you can enter with Walmart! When you buy at Walmart, you can enter for a chance to Upgrade Your Summer by entering to win a backyard makeover that includes the Ultimate Outdoor Movie Theater! It runs from now until July 22nd. Enter here!