This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GladeFineFragranceMist #CollectiveBias
We all do the same things in January. Diet, exercise, journal, get on a schedule. All the repeat resolutions. One thing that I like to do in the New Year is get my house in tip top shape. So today I’m sharing a few ways to get your home ready for the new year.
- Do a deep clean of each room. I know this is time consuming but it’s so nice! Vacuum inside the cushions on your couch, move furniture, polish, dust. I also like to take the covers off my throw pillows and throw them and couch blankets into the wash. You could also take curtains and bedspreads to be dry-cleaned, dust off blinds and wipe down ceiling fans. So, nice starting the year on a clean slate!
- Purge your closet. I say if you haven’t worn something or even touched it in 6-months, it’s time to donate. At the beginning of the year I turn everything in my closet the opposite way. Then as time passes and I wear things, I turn it around the right way. By the end of six months to a year if something is still facing the wrong way you know it’s time to move on! This also makes room for all the pretty clothes you’ll buy during the year!
- Go through your pantry. Check expiration dates, wipe out your fridge and organize your cabinets. You’d be surprised what you find in cabinets when things have been pushed to the back all year. I’m also surprised at all the things that expire that I rarely use!
- Get new pillows and bedding. For Christmas/birthdays I always ask for new sheets and pillows. To me, nothing feels better than starting a year with soft, clean bedding and a fluffy pillow. You also start the year by getting a great night’s sleep!
- Find a new home scent. I’m always lighting candles, burning oils or spraying. This year I found my new scent through in The Atmosphere Collection™ Fine Home Fragrances by Glade®. I went to my local Walmart, tried and the four new fragrances, and settled on the No.4 Tempted™ fragrance with patchouli and amber.
The No.4 Tempted™ fragrance has hints of warm, exotic spices kissed with freesia and golden amber. Vanilla orchid notes deepen the captivating blend along with scents of fresh eucalyptus, cedarwood, patchouli and brown sugar.
I was sold on this fragrance because it’s a premium scent and is like a high-end spray but it’s affordable! This scent has been a great way to set the tone for 2018 and make my home a reflection of me and my style.
The Glade® Atmosphere Collection™ Fine Home Fragrances are infused with essential oils, and masterfully crafted with light layered fragrances.