This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #LightAsAir #FeelTheWhip #CollectiveBias
The winter can be a wonderful time of year; snow, cute cold-weather accessories, soup, hot chocolate, I can go on and on! But along with cold weather comes my least favorite thing. Dry skin. With at least a month left in winter, you don’t have to struggle with dry skin! Today I’m sharing five ways to keeping your skin looking beautiful and hydrated.
WINTER SKINCARE: 5 TIPS TO KEEP YOUR SKIN HYDRATED
- Drink Lots of Water: When it gets cold and I’m not as hot, I tend to drink more hot chocolate and coffee. I love having a warm drink in my hand when it’s chilly out. So if you’re drinking more warm drink you’re taking in less water, the moisture in our body lowers and dries out your skin. The air also becomes drier and our bodies receive less moisture than they do during warmer months. I chug a glass of water first thing in the morning!
- Invest in a Humidifier: As I said above, the air gets drier and our bodies receive less moisturizer in the winter months. A humidifier is putting moisture back into the air of your home. This helps your skin as well as eases sinus congestion and helps if you snore! I got one to put in our room because Tim snores and has awful allergies. The humidifier helps him sleep so much better!
- Eat Certain Foods: There are certain foods you can eat to help. Try to eat more food with good fat and omega-3 fatty acids. Eat some oily fish like salmon or eat tofu, walnuts, or soybeans. Orange juice helps too!
- Skip the Hot Shower: After a hot day or being in the cold, a hot shower sounds amazing right? It actually goes more harm than good! Take a warm, not hot, shower, and limit it to 10 minutes. It also helps if you pat your wet skin with a dry towel.
- Have a Good Moisturizer: I always make sure I start and end my day with a good moisturizer. My current favorite? Olay Regenerist Whip Face Moisturizer. It’s a product that feels so luxurious and high quality but you can find it at your local Kroger. I found it in the beauty aisle while I did my grocery shopping!
Developed in co-creation with over 15,000 real women to get the right product end feel, Olay Whips give women all the feels, plus the powerful results they’ve been missing from their lightweight skin creams.
Olay Whips deliver potent skincare while leaving skin with a smooth, matte finish. Olay Whips are available with and without SPF in Regenerist, Total Effects, and Luminous. Each provides youth-restoring benefits, whether you’re looking for smoothness and firmness, tone perfection, or overall nourishment.
As well as hydrating the Olay Regenerist Whip Face Moisturizer diminishes the look of fine lines and wrinkles and helps with wrinkles without heaviness. It’s formulated with advanced Amino-Peptide Complex II to regenerate surface cells. Uniquely formulated with Active Rush Technology™ to hold and quickly release 1,000x its weight in hydration and active ingredients, Olay Whips transform from cream to liquid on contact, flash absorbing into the skin.
I’ve been using Olay Whips for about two weeks and love how my skin is feeling. It looks so hydrated and smooth and it’ll help with any wrinkles that’ll pop up. Olay Whips uses polymers used for hydration (like hyaluronic acid) only to hold hydration and function as a moisture buffer on the skin’s surface without releasing into the skin.
How do you keep your skin hydrated in the winter months? Do you have any other winter skin care tips you want to tell me about? Share with me in a comment below and get some Olay Whips next time you’re at your local Kroger!