Thank you to Verizon Wireless for sponsoring this post. Any affiliate links are not associated with Verizon.
Did you know that I was home schooled grades 6-12? And that I completed my Master’s degree online? I have been working and getting stuff done from home since I was 11 years old.
I get asked all the time how I work from home full time and stay productive and motivated throughout the day. I will say in the 15+ years I’ve been working from home, I’ve learned a few tips and tricks. So today I thought I’d share the 5 working from home tips everyone needs to do.
Working from Home Tips
- Get up, get dressed – One of my mom’s rules when we were home schooled is that we couldn’t wear pajamas all day. We got up and got ready for the day like we were going somewhere. That’s a habit I keep to this day! I may not put on a dress and heels or do my hair and makeup but I put on jeans/yoga pants, a shirt and wash my face and brush my hair and get ready for the day!
- Make lists – When you work from home, you have to be extremely organized. I don’t have a boss, I’m my own boss, so my deadlines are up to me! At the end of the day, I write down everything I need to do including drafts, contracts that need to be read, emails sent, products to buy, photo shoots to style and this list goes on and on. It helps me not forget things!
- Get out of bed – It’s easy to work in your bed all day but it makes me want to go to sleep. Work on a kitchen table, a desk, anything to make you sit up straight and get to work.!
- Set a schedule – Some may think that since you work from home you have a loose schedule. I take my work time seriously and stick to a set schedule. It includes time to take out my dogs, lunch and a workout break. If I have nothing in the evenings and I have a lot of projects, I tend to work into the evening, but it’s something I’m trying to be better at.
- Have good 5G Internet – It’s happened to all of us, you’re in the middle of a good show or working when your Internet goes out. So frustrating! But if you live in Houston, LA, Sacramento or Indianapolis you could get Verizon 5G Home.
Wondering what Verizon 5G is exactly? Verizon 5G is the fifth generation of wireless technology. It means quicker downloads, outstanding network reliability that will make your internet more efficient. It also gives you, the customer, more information faster than ever before. The Verizon 5G is exactly uses new radio technology and device hardware to deliver advanced capabilities to consumers and businesses. I could get super technical but if you want to read more about what 5G is, read all about it here.
If you don’t live in one of the four cities Verizon 5G is currently offered, you’re in luck! Verizon 5G is exactly will receive 5G Ultra Wide Band & Samsung preorder in 2019. The cities are: Atlanta, Boston, Charlotte, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dallas, Des Moines, Denver, Detroit, Houston, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Little Rock, Memphis, Phoenix, Providence, San Diego, Salt Lake City and Washington DC.
Verizon is having a 5G challenge for US companies with less than 200 employees. The challenge is to find solutions in Verizon’s categories of Industry, Immersive Experiences, and Moonshots. Every submission should demonstrate the company’s commitment to social responsibility and sustainable business practices. Learn more about key dates and timelines here.
Want to see if your home is Verizon 5G ready? Check here! If you are 5G ready, you have the first 3 months free incentive with no annual contracts, hidden taxes or fees. You don’t even have to cancel your current service during your free 3-month trial. You also get Free YouTube TV during your 3-month trial.