This post about to prep for your next blogger photoshoot contains affiliate links.
I get asked all the time how I can shoot 5 – 6 looks in one hour. I’ll be the first to say that it isn’t easy and I put a lot of work into getting photoshoot ready. So to save all of you some time and save you a photo meltdown, I’m sharing how I prepare for long photoshoot days.
5 Tips to Help You Prepare for Your Next Blogger Photoshoot
- Create an inspiration board – I have a private board on Pinterest where I pin angles, lighting, and locations from photos. I’m constantly inspired by other bloggers and fellow girl bosses. A couple of days before my shoot I make sure I tell my photographer the vibe I’m going for so they can make sure we shoot in the appropriate places. If your planning a swimsuit look and your photographer thinks you’re doing street style photographs it can ruin a shoot day!
- Try everything on the day before – Even if you think you know what you’ll be wearing in your photos, try the full outfit on. I can’t tell you how many times I get to a shoot and the outfit doesn’t look the way I thought it would and I have to save that item for another time. And when I say everything this includes accessories! Sometimes the necklace or shoes you have picked out don’t compliment the outfit.
- Assess your clothing – I always steam the wrinkles out of my hanging items before a shoot. Your look appears more put together and people aren’t staring at wrinkles or loose strings when they see your photos.
- Pack up – If you know you’re going to be shooting multiple looks, try to be as organized as possible. Put the necklaces or hats on the hanger with your outfit and try to condense. Wear a neutral pair of shoes with multiple outfits or the same sunglasses/jewelry. If you’re wearing different lipsticks, pack some make-up wipes for an easy transition.
- Prep the night before – Pluck your eyebrows, paint your nails, shave your legs, wash your hair, whiten teeth, anything! If you do all this the day of, you’ll be busy scrambling around and forget to do something. (Like when I forget to shave my legs and am shooting all dresses and skirts — eek!)