Is anyone else seeing a light at the end of a very long tunnel? Our Governor is going to start opening businesses on Friday and our Mayor has a multi-phase plan ready if Nashville’s numbers start going down more. It looks like the earth is slowly moving back to “normal.” Who knows what normal is going to look like after this, I have to say there are a few things to look forward to doing once the pandemic is over. Here are five of my things!
5 Things to Look Forward to Doing Once the Pandemic is Over
- Hockey Game – I know it sounds crazy to want to be in an arena with thousands of people, but I miss hockey a lot. Right now we’d be in the middle of the playoffs and Nashville fans are the best hockey fans. It’s such a fun environment and I miss being with my other Smashville Fans and cheering the boys on. I also miss taunting the other teams!
- Choir at My Church – Have I ever mentioned I’m in my church choir? I’m a proud Alto, and while I’m no Beyoncé, I love singing in the choir. Singing with some of the best people and having choir practice on Wednesday, it’s the community I miss! My Wednesday’s feel off not being there and singing our hearts out.
- Traveling – This is HUGE for me. Do you know those people who could be on the road and travel all the time? That’s me. Being home this long has been good because I’ve painted and done other things around the house I’ve been putting off, but I miss seeing the world. I had a spring and summer full of trips that were postponed, I want to get back to it! My in-laws also live in upstate New York and I miss them, I’d love to drive up and see them and hug them!
- Brunching/Happy Hour with Friends – Nashville weather is perfect patio weather this time of year. You’d usually find me at a brewery on the weekend or at a rooftop hotel enjoying happy hour with friends! Girl talk and brunching are on the schedule as soon as it’s safe to do so.
- Working Out in a Group – Don’t ask me why, but working out at home is hard for me. I’m competitive and enjoy group classes because there are people to keep up with. When I’m by myself, I don’t work as hard or get in as good of a workout as I normally would.
You might be wondering why seeing my family isn’t here. I’ve been seeing my family since I’ve been helping watch my nephews while my brother and sister-in-law work and my mom recovers from Shingles.