This post has been sponsored by Cetaphil®. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
I love traveling and seeing all there is in the world. But there’s one thing I dread… long flights. You’re in a metal box in the sky for hours; and most of the time, you’re cramped and stuck in a seat. Not to mention that, after a while, you start feeling tired, grimy, and gross. What’s a girl to do? Well, today I thought I would share 5 Long Haul Flight Essentials like a fresh outfit and Cetaphil® Daily Facial Cleanser to help you feel continuously fresh.
5 Long Haul Flight Essentials
- Entertainment – You have to keep your mind occupied during a long flight. I always bring my phone, laptop, headphones and portable chargers. I can listen to music, play solitaire, watch TV shows or listen to a podcast/e-book. You can also pack a book or magazine in your carry-on if you don’t like dealing with electronics.
- Toiletries – As I said, I pack a lot in my carry-on in case my luggage gets lost—and this includes my toiletries. This means it’s contacts, retainer, contact solution, toothbrush, deodorant, perfume, toothpaste, basic make-up, and my skincare. It’s also great to freshen up and feel like a new person before you land.
My skincare consists of moisturizer and my Cetaphil® Daily Facial Cleanser. You can find this for under $10 at your local Walmart, and it’s designed for skin that tends to be oily (like mine). The Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser is a low-lather cleanser that cleans without stripping your skin. It’s my face’s daily reset, and I feel like a new person once my face is washed.
- Sleep – One of my talents is I can fall asleep anywhere. Give me an eye mask, pillow, melatonin, and an under-eye mask, and I’ll curl in a ball and sleep. It also helps if you have to hit the ground running when you arrive at your destination. Plus, it helps the time go by faster.
- Snacks – Let’s face it, airline food isn’t the best. I usually get 2 bottles of water at the airport and pack healthy snacks like grapes, apples, baked chips, or granola bars—pretty much anything to keep my hunger under control. Don’t forget to drink a ton of water while you’re flying!
- An extra outfit – I always pack an extra outfit, shoes, and underwear. The one time I didn’t, they lost my luggage and I had to go buy new clothes. I also tend to wear yoga pants, slides, and a t-shirt during a long flight to stay comfortable. So before I land, I change into a dress (or jeans and a tee) and sneakers so I look cute and put together for the day ahead of me.