A few weeks ago my mom and I did a New England road trip. We landed in Boston, rented a car and drove an hour to Kennebunkport, Maine. Don’t ask me why, but Kennebunkport was a place I’ve wanted to visit for as long as I can remember. Every photo I’ve seen oozes charm and coziness, I was excited to experience it for myself!
We were only there for 24 hours, but I already can’t wait to go back in the summer. I’m sharing all there is to do in 24 hours in Kennebunkport!
24 Hours in Kennebunkport Maine
Where to Stay in Kennebunkport MA
- Captain Lord Mansion – This was the cutest little BNB and was within walking distance to town. We stayed on the third-floor monkey room and loved the comfy bed, floor warmers, and great shower. Make sure you stay for their delicious breakfast!
Where to Eat in Kennebunkport MA
- Rococo Ice Cream – When you’re walking around time and your sweet tooth hits, stop by Rococo Ice Cream. You can also buy their ice cream online!
- Satellite Doughnuts – I’ve heard so much about these doughnuts, but they were closed for the season when we visited. If you’re there, stop and see if they’re open!
- Alisson’s – We stopped here for lunch and they have a little bit of everything on the menu. My mom got some clam chowder and I had fish and chips. It was the perfect spot to warm up and take a minute to refuel.
- Dock Square Coffee House – Grab a coffee and a pastry while you’re walking around town!
- Hurricane – The “it” dinner spot in Kennebunkport is Hurricane. We had the yummiest dinner and wine. I had the Guinness Braised Beef Spiced Short Rib and my mom had the Hurricane Garlic Shrimp. Make sure you make a reservation!
- Salt & Honey – The coziest brunch spot! Try the lobster omelet or breakfast burrito!
Where to Shop in Kennebunkport MA
- Scalawags – Pick up something for your furry friend at Kennebunkport’s pet boutique. I wanted one of everything in the store for Fitzy and Gatsby!
- Copper Candle – If there’s one thing I love, it’s candles! The Copper Candle had a great selection of candles and the back room was a Christmas wonderland filled with decor and ornaments. The cutest little spot!
- Daytrip Society – My favorite store was Daytrip Society. They had Keds, unique gifts and odds and ends. My mom and I picked up a few cute gifts here!
Of course, the best thing to do in Kennebunkport is to walk around and see things for yourself. We loved looking at all the quaint houses and buildings. It’s such a walkable down, it’s great to grab a warm beverage and pop in and out of boutiques along the way.