Thank you Lexington Law Firm for sponsoring this post. A high service partner and consumer advocate that will help you fight for the credit you deserve!
Can anyone else believe that the year and the decade are almost over? This next year is going to bring a lot of changes; my husband and I are turning 30 and my husband will be out of grad school. With this excitement comes one thing that’s not so exciting, student loans. That’s why today I’m sharing the ways that Lexington Law Firm can help us get ahead of our 2020 financial goals.
Getting Ahead of 2020 Financial Goals
- Sit down and talk budget – The holidays are a time of fun and merriment and no one likes being bummed out by talking about money. But it’s a conversation you and your partner need to have. Look at your current budget, bills, credit card statements and come up with a new budget. Sure, you’re going to have additional income with a new job but you also have more student loans coming in.
- Check your credit score – Honestly, I rarely check my credit score so the end of the year is a good time to check. And I know I’m not the only person who rarely checks their credit score! Every year millions of Americans are denied loans for homes and cars due to errors in their credit reports. On average, these errors can take four months to correct. So if you never check, you might never know you have an error or your credit report.
- Review interest rates – I went to college in the 2008 recession so my interest rates are high. Look into refinancing your current student loans with your provider. You can also call your credit card company sometimes and see if you can lower your interest rate.
- Think of ways to save money in the new year – Maybe start January off as a no unnecessary spending month. Bring your lunch to work, skip the fancy coffee, leave all credit cards at home to take away the temptation of spending.
- Do a home clean out and sell some items – Clean out your closet and take items to sell at a local thrift shop, sell furniture that’s sitting in the garage, and take all the extra money and put it in savings. Save it for a rainy day!
I’ve mentioned Lexington Law Firm on the blog before and they’re the oldest and most respected name in credit repair.
They use technology and legal experience to advocate and drive results for consumers. Lexington Law Firm believes that you have a right to a fair, accurate, and substantiated credit report and can help you navigate the credit repair process by harnessing the power of knowledge and the law to fight for your right to good credit. They’re definitely an organization you want to have on your side if you’re working on building your credit or fixing your credit score!
If you want to try Lexington Law Firm for yourself, download their app! The app gives you, the consumer, on-the-go access to best-in-class services. It puts information in the hands of consumers, at the level you prefer.
How are you getting ahead of your 2020 financial goals? Share with me in a comment below!