Everyone has taken a hit this year due to COVID and the pandemic but some of the people who have taken it hardest are small businesses. Black-owned small businesses are turned down for loans twice as often as white-owned small businesses and your money and support can make all the difference to a small business owner.
This holiday season, put some thought into your gifts. I encourage all of you to do your homework, a simple Google search will direct you to Black-owned businesses. Etsy even has an entire section on their website. Be an ally to BLM and the Black community by opening your wallet and giving them your support. They need it more than Amazon or Walmart!
I’ve rounded up 15 great gift ideas from Black-owned businesses that won’t break the bank and are under $50. These gifts are more geared towards women and would work for your best friend, next-door neighbor, teacher, or hostess gift. As I was making my list I made a few purchases myself! Mainly the Hexagon coasters and Confident Woman jewelry dish. I would love some of the McBride Sisters Rosé but unfortunately, they don’t ship to my state. Anyway, enough of my babbling, happy shopping!
15 Gifts Under $50 from Black-Owned Businesses
- Crown Candle Co. Refresh Candle – $30
- Bolé Road Textiles Pouch – $48
- Melanie Marie Pave Alphabet Pendant – $42
- Nroda Mirror Mirror Aviators – $30
- McBride Sisters Brut Rosé – $23.99
- MadeByRheal Charcoal Hexagon Concrete Coasters – $30
- The Heart Dept. Co. Round Memo Board – $43.23
- xN Studio Bogolan Bauhaus Plant Pots – $30
- Vintage Royalty Tracy Earring – $45
- The Pink Locket Confident Woman Jewelry Dish – $22
- Brooklyn Circus “B” Tee – $38
- Gilded Exfoliated Foot Polish – $40
- KNC Beauty 10-Pack Lip Mask – $40
- Soukie Modern Morocco Towel – $45
- Oh Happy Dani Worthy Print – $21.95