Nashville is home to many things: country music, hot chicken, and if you believe it, some great coffee.
If you’re new to Nashville or plan on visiting soon, you need to know where the best coffee is. While I love Starbucks and am all for it, do me a favor and check out some of the unique coffee shops in Music City.
10 Places to Grab Coffee in Nashville
- Barista Parlor – With locations in East Nashville, the Gulch and Germantown, Barista Parlor locations all have lots of room with large tables and plenty of light. Meet a friend, take an Instagram photo of your coffee, and plan to stay awhile to take in the atmosphere. This is one of my favorite places to work!
- Bongo Java – Some of my fondest memories at Belmont involve Bongo Java. It’s not only a coffee house but also a roasting company that supplies coffee to various restaurants around town. Bongo Java locations can be found on Belmont Blvd., in the Omni Hotel and East Nashville. Hillsboro Village Coffee shops Fido and Hot & Cold are also in the Bongo family. All of these locations are loud and busy so if you love the hustle and bustle of coffee shops definitely go to Bongo. They also have an amazing breakfast/brunch!
- Frothy Monkey – Frothy Monkey started out in 12 South and expanded to downtown Nashville, Franklin, and Grimey’s record store. If you’re walking around downtown Nashville or 12 South, then a visit to Frothy is definitely a great place to go refuel and people watch.
- Crema – If you want to sit outside, drink coffee and enjoy Nashville, go to Crema. Their location is across the street from Pinewood Social and you have a perfect view of the Nashville skyline. They have great outdoor seating and phenomenal coffee.
- Headquarters – Honestly, if you’re meeting someone for coffee, don’t go to Headquarters. However, if you’re by yourself and plan on either grabbing coffee or hanging out with a book, then it’s perfect. I say this because Headquarters is TINY. It’s a tight squeeze but such a great atmosphere. They have beautiful brick walls and I love anything and everything they make, including their Blueberry Muffins. This place is a little hole in the wall in West Nashville but if you can grab a seat (they also have patio seating) then sit, stay awhile and enjoy it. I love going here early in the morning and reading or doing my devotion.
- High Brow – So High Brow technically isn’t in Nashville but needed to be on this list! High Brow is in Franklin, and while that’s a trek for some, the drive is really pretty and I always love stopping in downtown Franklin on my way. In addition to the good coffee, my favorite thing about High Brow is the decor. I want my house to look like this with the warm wood, big windows and lots of light. Also, in addition to coffee check out their tea and yummy sweets!
- Steadfast – Steadfast is one of the newer Nashville coffee shops located in Germantown. In addition to coffee, they also serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner. This is a great place to meet friends thanks to their big tables and booths. Their popcorn is the bomb!
- Revelator – With other locations in New Orleans, Chattanooga, Atlanta, and Birmingham, Revelator recently came to Nashville, Hillsboro Village to be precise. This is a great place to pop in to refuel after shopping at local boutiques Native + Nomad, Revv, UAL, Impeccable Pig, POSH and Pangea.
- Dose – As strange as it sounds, this is my favorite place to meet new people. It’s close to the Interstate and easy to get to. But it’s a good place to just sit and get to know someone and catch-up. It’s a very chill environment and easy to hang out there all afternoon! Their bakery is also amazing.
- Dunn Brothers – Located in Downtown Nashville, this place isn’t easy to get to unless you’re walking around Downtown. Grab a coffee and a muffin and hit up the shops on Broadway.
Have you been to any of these coffee shops? Did I forget about your favorite? Let me know in a comment below!