This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GrowingUpPurina #CollectiveBias
This year around Memorial Day, we decided to bring Fitzgeraldine, AKA Fitzy, home as our second dog.
In case you didn’t know, Fitzy was originally my mom’s dog and when it didn’t work out was going to be taken back. We spent the weekend with Fitzy and saw how fun and loving she was and we decided to bring her home.
I’m sure there are days when Gatsby wishes we hadn’t, but we’ve loved our year with Fitzy. Her personality is so unique and I swear she thinks she’s a human. She hasn’t outgrown any of her quirky traits and honestly, that’s one of the things I love about her!
I thought I’d share a few of those traits with you today…
- She has to be touching you all. the. time. – When Fitzy was a puppy, it was so cute how she would cuddle up in the crook of your arm and fall asleep next to you. It’s still cute now but a little less convenient when she’s 60 pounds and the size of a small horse. If you’re in bed or sitting on a couch she’s either touching you or sitting on you.
- She “smiles” when she sees you – When we come home and let the girls out of their crates, Fitzy will show her teeth and smile at you. I have to let strangers know that she’s not being ferocious or threatening, she’s just welcoming you into her home!
- She makes crazy noises when she has a bone and wants to play – Fitzy has a black toy bone that she plays with and carries around. When she wants you to play with her she makes these groaning, whining, barking noises. It’s like she’s trying to talk with you and asking you to play with her.
- When you try to move her she becomes dead weight – There have been times when Fitzy has fallen asleep in the middle of the bed on top of all the covers. If you try to move her she becomes dead weight and refuses to move. When this happens, the only way she gets up is if you have a treat or tell her it’s dinner time.
- She eats in less than 30 seconds – When Fitzy eats, she eats so fast, you almost wonder if you ever fed her in the first place! We got her a maze bowl to slow her down but it only slows her down for a few extra seconds. I shared this post last year about how our home routine had been adjusted since adopting Fitzy. I also discussed getting Fitzy off her puppy Purina food and into the same food that Gatsby eats.
Well a few months later and the girls still eat their Purina dry dog food, but now we’ve got them eating the Purina® Beneful® Grain Free in Chicken. You can find this at your local Target in the Dry Dog Food Aisle.
Purina® Beneful® dry dog food goal is to fill bowls with real and wholesome ingredients. This allows your dog to live life to the fullest with healthful, flavorful food. My girls have been eating Purina for years because pets are their passion and safety is their promise. And when I say safety, they have 500+ scientists globally and 85+ years of Purina research behind the product. Go to www.purina.com to read more of what guides Purina.