This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DelightfulMoments #SplashOfDelight #CollectiveBias
Once a month, my girlfriend’s and I try to get together at each others houses for brunch. It’s a great time to eat, catch up on each others lives and spend time together. This month’s is at my house and I was so excited to try a new recipe – chocolate caramel coffee cake!
So before brunch, I headed over to my local Walmart for a few ingredients. See the ingredients and instructions for my delicious Chocolate Caramel Coffee Cake below!
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope Fleischmann's® RapidRise Yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup very warm milk (120° to 130°F)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 package (9 ounces) Werther's Original Baking Caramels, divided
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Mix flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- Add milk, butter and egg and beat until smooth.
- Set 10 caramels aside.
- Unwrap remaining caramels and cut each into 4 pieces.
- Stir caramel into batter.
- Pour into greased 8 x 8-inch baking dish.
- Combine brown sugar and flour in a small bowl.
- Cut in 2 tablespoons butter with a pastry blender or 2 forks.
- Sprinkle over coffee cake.
- Top with chocolate chips.
- Cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake in preheated 350°F oven for 25 to 30 minutes until browned and done in center.
- Remove to wire rack to cool.
- Unwrap and microwave the 10 reserved caramels and 1 tablespoon milk for about 45 seconds, until caramels are melted and smooth.
- Drizzle over coffee cake and serve immediately.
Select Walmart stores have a display that includes a tearpod with a recipe!
I grabbed the Hershey Chocolate Caramel and Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup to go with my chocolate caramel coffee cake. Also who doesn’t love their candy in their coffee?! My motto is “is there a REESE’S® Peanut Butter Cup in your mug? There should be.”
I’m happy to say the chocolate caramel coffee cake was delicious and a hit at brunch! I’ll definitely be making it again soon since it was so yummy and went great with the HERSHEY’S® Chocolate Caramel creamer!
Stay tuned to this post because soon I’ll be adding a $0.50 coupon for International Delight®! It’ll be valid in April.